Versapay ARC
Versapay’s desktop web app was suffering from an inconsistent look & feel, a developer-led user experience, and wasn’t responsive to tablet and mobile devices. I wanted to correct the user experience for multiple features and refresh the visual style while retaining all features on tablet and mobile devices.

This would allow Versapay to better onboard customers, open new streams of revenue from existing customers, and integrate new features.
I started by doing a UX audit of the current feature set, interviews with select customers about current pain points and desired capabilities, as well as the introduction of a new design process.

After getting buy-in from different stakeholders, we eventually shipped a fully responsive web app with a new visual UI that later led to a design system, and a data-driven user experience across all devices.
I was the first designer hired at the company and took the lead at implementing a new design process, user research strategies, and our product’s design system.

I also revamped the UI & UX of key feature flows with the help of a very knowledgeable product team!
Versapay’s desktop web app was suffering from an inconsistent look & feel, a developer-led user experience, and wasn’t responsive to tablet and mobile devices. I wanted to correct the user experience for multiple features and refresh the visual style while retaining all features on tablet and mobile devices.

This would allow Versapay to better onboard customers, open new streams of revenue from existing customers, and integrate new features.
I started by doing a UX audit of the current feature set, interviews with select customers about current pain points and desired capabilities, as well as the introduction of a new design process.

After getting buy-in from different stakeholders, we eventually shipped a fully responsive web app with a new visual UI that later led to a design system, and a data-driven user experience across all devices.
I was the first designer hired at the company and took the lead at implementing a new design process, user research strategies, and our product’s design system.

I also revamped the UI & UX of key feature flows with the help of a very knowledgeable product team!
Research & Definition
An initial phase of user research was done to establish a baseline of current metrics and performance. I conducted user interviews with a random set of customers as well as internal employees to discover current pain points along with any desired functionality. The results of the research proved that there were many pain points in current feature flows, as well as a large amount of competitor feature sets that we were missing.

This was a great start to prioritizing not only what we needed to fix, but also what customers were yearning for the most.
Flows & Wireframes
Using the data that was available from before I joined combined with what I discovered from the customer interviews, I created new user-flows of the current product along with wireframes to share with different stake holders and gather feedback on.

This was a very successful method to getting buy-in from different stakeholders on one solution that accommodates different customer needs from different areas of the business.
Prototype Testing
After iterating on solutions in the wireframe stage, I created an interactive prototype that customers could click through in a test setting. By doing this, I was able to observe the user’s behaviour in real-time and derive actionable insights on certain instances that the user showed confusion or a misunderstanding of what they were doing.

Testing feature flows before designing them in high-fidelity is a great way to iterate quickly and arrive at a solution that’s a product fit while being data-driven.
The Take Away
Getting buy-in from everyone on a new design process as a new employee was the biggest challenge alongside fixing the current user experience to have an immediate impact on customers. I found that being clear on strategy & purpose was a great way to get a more experimental and iterative design culture started.

Working off a design system and introducing the product to tablet & mobile devices led to an adoption rate of 86% in the first 6 months from the previous version. The updated feature flows had a large impact for customers who manage cash application, reducing the amount of unapplied cash their suppliers held by 27% on average.

Currently, I maintain the design system and execute our user research strategy while still creating design deliverables for new features!
86% Adoption Rate
-27% Unapplied Cash