Classroom Connect
ELL Technologies had a learning management system in the form of a desktop web app. The LMS was not responsive to smaller devices and was suffering from a confusing user experience. I wanted to correct the user experience, while updating the design language of the product.

This would make users more engaged with their teacher/program by having the ability to access the LMS on the go, while also bringing the visuals to a more modern look & feel.
I started by doing a UX audit of the current user flows and started to gather feedback from customers through our Account Managers. I also implemented a new design process that allowed us to test solutions before they were shipped, and to deliver high-fidelity concepts to the development team.

After a redesign of the LMS, we ended up shipping “Version2” that had an updated visual UI and corrected user flows for students, teachers, and clients.
I was the first designer hired at the company and took the lead implementing a new design process with user research strategies.

I also was responsible for creating design deliverables such as user-flows, wireframes, prototypes, hi-fi concepts, and more.
ELL Technologies had a learning management system in the form of a desktop web app. The LMS was not responsive to smaller devices and was suffering from a confusing user experience. I wanted to correct the user experience, while updating the design language of the product. This would make users more engaged with their teacher/program by having the ability to access the LMS on the go, while also bringing the visuals to a more modern look & feel.
I started by doing a UX audit of the current user flows and started to gather feedback from customers through our Account Managers. I also implemented a new design process that allowed us to test solutions before they were shipped, and to deliver high-fidelity concepts to the development team. After a redesign of the LMS, we ended up shipping “Version2” that had an updated visual UI and corrected user flows for students, teachers, and clients.
I was the first designer hired at the company and took the lead implementing anew design process, user research strategies, and creating design deliverables such as user-flows, wireframes, prototypes, hi-fi concepts, and more.
Research & Definition
An initial phase of user research was done to establish a baseline of current metrics and performance. Most of the users do not speak English so a large portion of feedback was provided by the bilingual account managers, along with some usage data from Google Analytics. The information gathered showed that users had the most difficulty finding information about their progress and spent as little as 14 minutes per week completing course exercises.

This provided a clear objective for the new process to tackle along with a vision of what success would look like.
Flows & Wireframes
Using the data provided from Google Analytics and the feedback from the account managers, I created new flows of the current features along with sketched wireframes to share with different stake holders to get feedback on.

This was a key factor towards getting buy-in from everyone at the leadership level, as they’ve never been included in a design process like this.
Prototype Testing
After iterating on solutions in the wireframe stage, I created an interactive prototype that both our customers and internal employees could click through. By doing this, I was able to review any pain points or frustrations that happened in real-time and derive actionable insights with the leadership team.

Testing feature flows before designing them in high-fidelity is a great way to iterate quickly and arrive at a solution that is both a product fit while being data-driven.
The Take Away
There was a very large appetite to move towards a sophisticated product delivery process in both design and development. Working closely with leadership and customer success resulted in the strategy and vision being very clear, which led to a more product/data-driven culture.

Correcting the user flows and updating the visual look & feel of the product led to an adoption rate of over 80%, and also had an enormous impact on student’s average session time increasing from as little as 14 minutes to some over 2 hours!
80% Adoption Rate
2+ Hours per Session